2.05.2010

Valentine's Day

Last week during dinner, I mentioned what I was hoping to do for Valentine's Day. (Click here for my post on how we appreciate having clear expectations about these holidays.) His response?

"Oh, yeah. When is that again?"

"Uh, February 14th. Like it always is?" Okay, I didn't actually say it like that. But that was definitely what I was thinking.

Just another example of why I love this man. :)

Our plans are for me to make him a nice dinner that night and then he'll take me out for dinner some other time when we can have my parents watch the boys. Love it. We don't get into the whole roses and chocolates thing, especially when everything is so overpriced. (I can't enjoy flowers when I keep obsessing over how much money he spent on them!) But I do like a good excuse for a nice meal and quality time together!

If you're looking for some fun ideas, I encourage you to visit this blog: Love, Actually.

In it, there are TONS of ideas for what you could do for a date night, special holidays and occasions, in the bedroom, if you're feeling adventurous, to decorate your home, and for your marriage. The author's goal is to create opportunities for romance on a budget. This is what she says about her blog:
"In March 2009, Love, Actually Blog was created to help inspire others to spice up their relationships. Love is often seen as something that perpetually runs itself...without effort. In reality, love actually takes work…and, in my experience, romance takes even more work..and it's not always cheap! But it’s much too wonderful to skip out on! My goal is to make all of it just a little bit easier…and a little bit cheaper!" Love, Actually
It's a great site for everyday fun things to spice things up between you and your sweetie, but it seemed especially appropriate for Valentine's Day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment