2.26.2010

My New Grocery List, Part II

Okay, here's the third way I plan on making grocery shopping easier: a family meal planner.

It's not my idea. I got it from another girl's blog, Brown Paper Packages. (Doesn't that make you start to sing the "My Favorite Things" song from the Sound of Music?) Kierste has five kids including two sets of twins, which alone proves this is an idea worth entertaining! Here is the exact link for this project.

 

Here's what she did. She listed all of the ingredients for all of her favorite go-to recipes on a small sheet of cardstock. Then, she takes this planner with her to the grocery store for when she's not able to create a menu ahead of time. Voila! No more forgotten ingredients!


Isn't that clever?

Isn't this great? I haven't made one for our family yet (the boys teething has gotten in the way of a lot of new projects around here lately,) but I hope to very soon. Mine won't be as nearly as cute as Kierste's, but I do love the idea. This, as well as my grocery list and my vow to actually sit down and create a menu for the week have me very optimistic about meal times again!

No comments:

Post a Comment