2.09.2010

Renewed Perspective

My boys woke up from their naps yesterday with runny noses. Ugh.

So I did the only thing I knew to do: get myself prepared. If we can't control the sickness, we can at least help curb the symptoms, right?

We set up the humidifers with Vick's VapoSteam, put rub on their feet, gave them warm baths, put water in their bottles, cleaned their noses with saline and raised their mattresses. We put out the toys that can be cleaned easily so we can wash them after sickness has left them. We're about as prepared as we can be.

And with the exception of the fact that they do not like when I wipe their noses after they sneeze, they're in pretty good spirits.

They must not be too bad if they continue pulling themselves up on everything:

Jack and Ben pull themselves up to their Exersaucers, looking as though they've been doing it their whole lives!

Sometimes, I think I need these days to remind me just how good I have it.

Our kids are healthy. They are well fed, warm, and have plenty of toys to keep them occupied. We are not in need of anything.

In a few days, we'll emerge from this sickness feeling stronger and more prepared for the next one. It's only temporary. We have so many more good days than bad ones.

Thank you, God, for the good days. And the bad ones. In every one, You are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment