2.14.2010

Love Is In the Details

My mom has always been an excellent homemaker. Growing up, she always enjoyed making our home a place we all loved to be. It was in the small things, too. Putting candy in dishes, setting out the breakfast bowls the night before... and making little flower bouquets.

 
Whenever she received flowers (or bought her own at Aldi's for $3.99 a bouquet) she would cut the stems short, place them in small glasses and then put them on display throughout the home. The kitchen, bathrooms and the backhall entrance way were some of her favorite places.

Now that I have my own home, I do the same thing. This was a bouquet that I received from Andy this weekend that I cut up and put in the kitchen and the bathroom. Pretty, huh? The glasses are shot glasses I bought at Walmart for $4 a few years ago for just this purpose. Now, I can enjoy my flowers all throughout the house - when I'm washing the dishes, rinsing my hands, cooking at the stove - rather than just in one place.

Love is definitely in the details.

Thanks, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment