2.21.2010

Oooh, the Activity

Here's a "picture book" of the activity that's been going on at our house, now that the boys have finally rid themselves of their horrible colds!

These highlight Benjamin tonight, only because Jonathan had his mind on chasing after me and my camera whenever he saw the opportunity! Here, Ben uses the diaper container to prop himself up his feet, standing on his own (without holding onto ANYthing for about seven seconds!) and climbing over it. Geez. How did my babies grow up so fast?





Our newest game and entertainment for hours on end (well, more like twenty minutes, which is like an hour for 9 month olds!) is when the boys pull the blanket over their head and wait for mommy to say, "Wheeere's Benjamin?" or "Wheeere's Jonathan?" Then, when he's ready to reveal himself - which can be up to ten seconds at times - he pulls the blanket off to hear me say, "There he is!" Repeat. Repeat. Over and over. Most times, two babies at the same time.



If I fail to acknowledge a hiding baby, they'll squeal or scream to get my attention, wait for the magic words, then excitedly pull the blanket off. I love it! (Though I do have to admit the difficulty of occupying two babies this way, not wanting to spoil the 'surprise' on the other brother ;)



People always say how fast it goes. They're right. It's amazing. But it's also amazing how slow things seem to go at times, too. Namely, when things are difficult. Believe me, I was in a MUCH different mindset five days ago and I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. One day at a time. I'm doing my best and honestly, that's the best I can do. That's the best any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment