11.04.2009

SDWSC

"She Did What She Could"

A friend from my M.O.P.S. group reminded us of that truth yesterday. When our kids are grown up, we don't need them to admit our flawlessness or even nominate us for the Mother of the Century Award. We want them to be confident adults, able to deal with the things life throws at them because they have learned from our example. We'll make mistakes, for sure, but our family will know they were only done in our quest to do the best we could.

I want my boys to be able to reflect on my role as a mother someday and say with confidence, "She did what she could." I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mindy- Great blog and great name! I've enjoyed your posts so far! I'm in the process of starting one myself...I'll let you know when it's up and going...it's SO important for moms to read other moms stories...It's my ONLY source of sanity on many days!! Kudos for getting this started with two little ones- it's SO hard to find time!

    ReplyDelete