11.11.2009

An Emotional Process

My husband and I watched Pixar's "Up" last night after we put the boys to bed. Adorable. But do you know what surprised me? I cried like crazy. I went through at least four tissues, the first one after only ten minutes! I don't mean to spoil the plot for anyone, but the story involves an old man who is on a journey to keep a promise he had made to his wife. On the way, he meets a little boy who needs him and the two become friends. I really enjoyed it (and my husband was a good sport, as always, to support my love of those movies!)

I have always been pretty emotional, but I haven't cried as many times as I have since having children. It could be anything... television commercials, movies, seeing someone else cry - especially a grown man - or even THINKING about someone else crying. I think there's just something about kids that makes a person more soft. Maybe it's the thought of raising up another generation that forces you to reevaulate what's really important in life. When you realize just how fragile each life is and what a miracle that we could be part of such an amazing process. That you are responsible for teaching them about what's important and hoping they go farther than you have. Ahh, the satisfaction in such a job is overwhelming.

The very thought makes me emotional. But don't worry, I'm not gonna cry. At least not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment