11.28.2009

Our Christmas Card Photo

As a first-time mom, I am now a true appreciator of Christmas card photos. The people that year after year, send us greetings along with an updated picture of their family. People without kids have no idea how much effort this tradition involves. But now with two almost-seven-month olds, I completely understand.

Some of my friends on Facebook today were complaining about getting those pictures with just the kids, not the parents. They say it's 'impersonal' and lacks that extra thought or acknowlegment of the parents. I don't mean to be nasty, but I wonder if those people ever had to organize a photo shoot with a baby (or two.)

My chance took place around 10:30am a few days ago, just as the boys woke up from a nap. I was in my pajamas (or Mommy Clothes, as I have come to know them because I wear them all through the day) and my hair was in a ponytail. Makeup was long gone. My husband was at work and so it was just the three of us attempting to get that one photo that out-of-town family would see since the photo I sent when they were first born and less than ten pounds!

Jack and Ben love the camera, but not to smile at it. They are fascinated by the flash and want to grab this expensive piece of technology and put it in their mouths. It takes every ounce of energy to make them smile while also keeping them from falling over on the couch and away from the camera. After ten minutes and 107 pictures later, I was exhausted and sweating.

I am very proud of the photo my loved ones will be receiving for the holidays and I apologize ahead of time that it will not include me and Andy. If you'd like, visit our family blog to see what these two (tired but joyful) parents look like. In the meantime, enjoy the picture I took. Just for you.

I'll look forward to your picture in the mail. Even if it's just your kids. Believe me, I won't judge.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya girl!! I've never heard of people thinking it was inconsiderate to just do the kids though---let's be honest, that's who we really want to see anyway. :-) If we can't get someone to take a photo of the fam in front of a tree (mall tree since mine isn't up yet), our Christmas card will just be Braya. If we can, there will be one of us and one of her. That coupon ends tomorrow--I've gotta get on it. :-) Your boys look so handsome in their Christmas finest. You did an excellent job, mama photographer!

    ReplyDelete