1.15.2010

Taking Notice

When your husband does something you like, do you tell him?

I hope so!

Yesterday, I noticed that my husband changed the toilet paper roll. It was a new toilet paper roll. He hadn't even used it yet. That meant that he put it up for ME, as I would assuredly be the next person to need it. Isn't that sweet? I really appreciated it. So I told him. (This is where many of us stop. We wouldn't think it was significant enough to mention.) He, of course, shrugged it off and said, "Oh, that's no big deal." Ahh, but it IS! To ME!

I get all excited when Andy comes home and says, "Wow, Mindy, the house looks great!" or "Man, that shelf is so organized now!" It melts my heart to hear him say those things. He noticed. I think he makes a point of noticing every little thing I accomplished that day, just because he knows it means so much to me for him to acknowledge when I'm able to do more than just care for two busy babies!

Ya see? It goes both ways! But... it starts with the wife.

Our husbands would do anything to please us. But first, they need to know what we like. I would encourage you to take the few extra moments to notice what he does do to help you. Even if it's as little as changing the toilet paper roll with the flap pointing down, just how you like it. :) After all, it was done with you in mind.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are a cute couple! So sweet...and it's so true that we all need to SAY the nice things we're thinking...'cause we certainly say the not so nice things so much more easily sometimes....Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, did you figure the video thing out? I checked my "Blogging for Dummies" book (he, he!) and it said to start by creating a new blog post and then click the "insert video" button on the top...I think it's two over from the right... from there you upload it from your computer, but I think you're video camera has to be compatible (we just realized ours is not..) good luck!

    ReplyDelete