1.29.2010

A Good Laugh

I am so grateful that my boys like to be with each other. As if they had any other choice, I know, but I truly believe that they like their brother!

In an attempt to get their brother's attention, they try a variety of tactics, which, strangely enough, all work. Some of it is involuntarily and others, they do almost naturally.

Shrieking. Gagging. Coughing. Gurgling. Making raspberries. Sticking out their tongue. Hiccuping. Burping. Tooting. (Thank God they can't do those last three on command yet!) They will do these things again and again, especially if it gets their desired reaction, all in the name of a good laugh.


Their cute interaction made me think. When was the last time I tried to make someone smile?

Thankfully, I don't have to burp or shriek to get someone to laugh, but I do know things that would make other people happy. Sending a thoughtful text. Writing a note. Wiping the snow off of someone's car. Making a favorite dessert. Reminiscing about fun times in the past. When was the last time I did those things without the other person expecting it? And without expecting anything in return?

It appears that I have a lot to learn from these boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment