3.23.2011

Completely Smitten

Right now, my house is trashed. My bed is in shambles. There are crumbs to be vacuumed, windows to wipe down and tables to clean. But I don't feel like doing any of those things right now. I needed to describe some of the feelings I'm experiencing in this moment.

I don't particually know why, but right now, my heart is ACHING with love for my two little men. Jonathan Andrew and Benjamin David, who are sound asleep in their cribs. Sadly, that's probably when I love them most! ;) Mothers of boys, you understand!

This aching-overwhelming-sense-of-love probably resulted from a picture I took of them this morning:
Ben and Jack - this morning before going down for a nap

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? A few that come to my mind are peace. Wonder. Admiration. Love. Sincerity.

Keep in mind: these are the same boys that trashed my house to begin with. The boys that put pennies down my register and emptied the flatware from my silverware drawer three times this morning. The boys that wouldn't let me start the car today before they each have a fistful of snow in their hands. The boys that have trouble sitting on their backsides for longer than three minutes.

These are the same boys that give me eskimo kisses and tilt their heads to the side when I take their picture. The boys that yell "woah!" when they see a big truck on the road and can hear a fire truck or a dog from a mile away. The boys that fold their hands in prayer and squint their eyes to see if I'm doing the same. The boys who run over to give me a kiss on the cheek with an emphatic, "Mmuah!"

These are the boys that make me feel like I'm going insane. The boys that make my heart swell with pride. The boys that insist on doing it themself. The boys that ask me for help.

These are the boys in which I am smitten. Utterly and completely. Never in my life has one thing ever been able to produce so many emotions in just a few short seconds... insanity to joy. Defeat to accomplishment. I suppose you could say they're both sweet AND Sauer.

Perhaps that's what I love about them most.

No comments:

Post a Comment