3.21.2010

Update

I have been so grateful to have Andy home with me this weekend. What a help he is. I honestly think the boys are more settled when daddy's home, too. Maybe it's because I'm more relaxed. Either way, his presence and help makes a huge difference.

He watched them yesterday afternoon so I could get out for a few hours. I got some gas, went to the post office, got groceries, made a deposit at the bank... a wonderful outing! Until you have kids, you just don't appreciate how wonderful it feels to move in and out of the car in less than twenty seconds! I really enjoyed getting out and came home with a renewed determination.

We took a walk to the Buffalo Zoo just before their naptime for a change of scenery and to get out. It was beautiful outside! The boys weren't themselves, obviously, but I think they enjoyed the fresh (albeit dung-smelling) air! :) Since we're members now, we'll be able to make the short walk to and from the zoo whenever I have the motivation to do so! I love the fact that it's less than a mile from my house!

Our first family trip to the zoo and Jack and Ben are ready for a nap

Weird. There are reindeers, lions, polar bears, elephants, zebras and hyenas just about a mile from my bedroom. I don't know what I would do if I found a rhino sitting in my front lawn! Let's hope those gates are secure. Reeeeally secure.

I miss my smiling babies! Jack and Ben chill out in the stroller on a nice day in Buffalo

The boys are still sick and aren't able to keep very much down. They're throwing up most of what they consume, but at least they'll still eat every few hours. You can hear the mucus when they breathe and their noses are running pretty steadily; I'm hoping that's a good thing. We stayed home from church since they both threw up a few times during the night and we didn't want to pass on any germs to any unsuspecting people. I wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy! The boys are napping now and even though they're not 100%, I feel like they're better than where we were a few days ago... although that might just be because daddy's home.

Thanks for your prayers! Here's hoping this week is the downslide of the illness peak!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it something the difference having your husband around makes? Mine was home this weekend too (which is SO rare) and I just ate it up!!! I feel like a whole new mommy today after having his help. I got to go out for a few hours alone too yesterday and it really does do something to refill your patience and perspective. Glad you had some help as you have had it REALLY rough on the whole baby-health spectrum lately :( Praying that this week is better!!!

    ReplyDelete