3.15.2010

A Letter to CPS

Dear Child Protective Services,

Please do not think I am a bad mom. Do not threaten to take my children away from me. You see, the bumps and bruises you might see are easily explained...

I have never tried to stuff them into the same small space. Definitely not. They're good babies and would never go anywhere we wouldn't want them to either.

And I've never encouraged them to take a nap (or a time out) in the book shelf. That would just be wrong!

Never once have I made them twist themselves into crazy positions and then take a picture of it before helping them out. I would never do that! I'm much more attentive than that.

In addition, I would never let them play with the tissues. How gross! What if they tried putting them in their mouths?

We give them baths every night (and they're very well supervised too.) It's such a great way for them to relax and get themselves cleaned off from the day. We're not the kind of parents that would allow them to drink any of that bath water either. Not a chance. We're much more responsible than that.

And please don't mistake me for the kind of person that will take a picture of her son crying just so she could get a photo of his two bottom teeth. That is horrible! I mean, what is this world coming to?

And I have never made them make their own meals. Nope. I do all of that for them.

Because I'm a good mom and that's what we do.

I know how dirty those floors can be. I would never in a million years let them eat off of it, even when they spill one of their favorite foods on it. No. Way.

I know how important it is to have exersize too. My boys are on the move all of the time! We would never allow them to do anything unsafe, though, like balancing themselves on my husband's hand. Never. Even if it was on our bed, what if they fell?

So please don't be concerned if you notice any of these things around my house (including baby fingerprints in my Vaseline jar.) As I said before, I am a good mom. I just have two very active little boys!

Thank you for your concern.

Sincerely,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment