4.21.2010

Musing about a Picture

I just love this picture.

Jack is trying to push Ben in the walker. What he doesn't know, however, is that my husband strategically placed a yellow rubber block in the path of the wheel, making it virtually impossible for my 25-pound baby to push his "little" brother. Tried and tried as he did, he could NOT push him across the dining room! We were trying to get their picture and wanted them to both look in my direction, hence the stopper. The result made for one adorable photo opp.

This photo made me reflect on my own life. What areas am I pushing to succeed, but with no results? Could it be that Someone Else has a different plan? Not one that was meant to frustrate me, but for another purpose? Perhaps God has put little roadblocks in my path for a purpose. One that I cannot see right now, but I may understand in the future. Rather than waste my energy, perhaps I should trust the Master and go where He leads.

I'm sure we'll all look back on our lives someday and wonder why the Lord allowed certain things to happen. Was it to protect us? Or someone else? Was it to guide us in another direction? One that we wouldn't have gone otherwise? I know it's not good to muse about the 'what ifs' in life, especially when they are things we have no control. But it does make me grateful for such a loving God to have our best interests in mind. All of the time.

Even if we can't see it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment