12.18.2009

Remembering My Priorities

Christmas is a busy time. Presents, cookies, gift exchanges, parties... those things are fun, but they can also get very overwhelming.

This year, I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy the season with my family. Especially my boys, who will be experiening it for the first time this year! I don't want to be so busy trying to make cookies and wrap gifts so I neglect the very ones I'm doing it for.

I'm trying to remember my priorities... my husband, my kids, my family. If something gets in the way to challenge those top three spots, it's gone. It's not always easy - especially when there are so many things I WANT to do - but it's that important. That line between "want to" and "have to" is a lot bigger than we may realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment