12.30.2009

God is My Strength

Yesterday was "one of those days." Both of the boys had colds - Jack was worse than Ben - and I was absolutely exhausted. They were uncomfortable, fussy and had MANY more runny noses and diapers than normal. Jack's eyes were crusted shut in the morning and his cough was heartbreaking. Both boys automatically started moving away when they even saw a tissue or even worse, the nasal aspirator. I was by myself and felt very frustrated.

It was rough.

But all through the day, two thoughts kept running through my mind: "God is my strength" and "The Lord will never give me more than I can handle."

It's amazing how much our thoughts can control our attitude.

The only way I can get through any situation is knowing that my Savior has given me the strength to do it. Looking back on the past eight months, it is only because of the Lord that I made it through.

Those nights that I only got two hours of sleep, God was there. The days that I didn't think I'd manage until my husband got home, God was there. The times when two hands just doesn't seem like enough, God was there.

This is the same God that gave me these two beautiful blessings. He knit them together in my womb and made them unique from any other person on earth. He gave them hope for a future. And He entrusted them to me. Not to be care for by myself, though. With His help. He gives me the strength I need to scrape their eyes clean or the patience and wisdom to know how to react to each of their needs. That's the Lord.

And that strength is freely given; we just need to ask for it.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! God is good! My prayers are with you, as you are given the strength to care for not one, but two sick little ones. "He gives strength to the weary." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally hear you! Both of our girls have been sick! It has been so hard...Ava only wants me ALL the time and Ella is waking up early because of her cough...the patience needed is extraordinary! Prayers that everyone feels better soon...this was an encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete