12.03.2009

Long Lost Love

I used to be a huge Diet Coke fan. Then I married my husband, another HUGE Diet Coke drinker, and I was forever hooked. Getting pregnant with twins, however, changed things a bit.

Caffeine did not sit well with my boys. Well, I'm sure my boys loved it in utero, but mommy did not. It felt like they were doing jumping jacks! Woh. Very uncomfortable. I had to sit down when they both moved around because I felt like they were going to tip me over! So I gave up my beloved drink for the good of... well, me. I'd crave it every now and then, have a sip of Andy's, and I was fine.

My boys are now almost seven months old and I have not had any Good Stuff in quite some time. My boys are still drinking breastmilk and so I try to stay away from the caffeine, but I also need to be drinking more water anyway. After all, I'm providing for TWO! So it's been a year since I enjoyed a nice cold can of Diet Coke.

This afternoon, a cold drink of my long lost love sounded really good to me, so I grabbed one of Andy's caffeinated drinks from the refrigerator. I took a few sips and surprised myself with how little I enjoyed it. It tasted different to me. Not the same. Apparently, my time away had altered my tastes and now it didn't seem as appealing.

I drank the whole can anyway (I didn't want to waste it) and although it did improve as I continued, I felt like I had satisfied my need for this tasty beverage for some time. I'll stick with my water. It's better for me anyway, right?

But here's the thing: I cannot stop BURPING! My boys think this is hilarious (especially since I have seemingly forgot how to do it quietly) but I'm not sure my husband will be as entertained. Let's hope I'm all burped-out by the time Andy comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment