10.28.2010

Smokin' Filled Chicken Breasts

Okay, this has been my absolute FAVORITE one this week. You wouldn't believe the flavor in the cream cheese mixture! The Adobo seasoning plus the scallions give it such a rich taste. I like it even more than Chicken Cordon Bleu! I served it with asparagus, making it one of my favorite meals yet. The original recipe called for "1 tablespoon of minched chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce" but I replaced it with the Adobo seasoning and some pepper since I didn't have any. They also called for "1 cup panko - Japanese bread crumbs" but I simply used regular seasoned bread crumbs. Lastly, it called for cooked ham, but I just used 5 slices of deli ham that I chopped into little squares. Delicious! (Taken from the Taste of Home magazine, August/September 2010, page 24.)

Smokin’-Philled Chicken Breasts


1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
½ c. smoked ham, cooked and finely chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 T. Adobo seasoning
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. paprika
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each)
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
¼ c. canola oil

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with cream cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks. Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, the dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400˚ for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170˚. Discard toothpicks before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment