10.10.2010

Monte Cristos

I know, I've been posting a lot of recipes lately. But with the busyness of the autumn season as well as preparations for upcoming holidays, I thought this was a perfect one to share! Well, that and I made it for dinner last night :)

Monte Cristos are the perfect breakfast-dinner. It's French toast with a kick: Swiss cheese, turkey, bologna and ham. My mom used to make these all the time on the weekends and now I enjoy making it for my family in a pinch. It's a hearty sandwich where you can add as much or as little as you'd like. Here's how...


Monte Cristos
8 slices of bread
8 slices of Swiss cheese
4 slices of bologna, turkey and/or ham
3 eggs
2 T. milk
cinnamon
maple syrup
Build your sandwich with the cold cuts. I like putting a piece of Swiss cheese at each end so it holds the sandwich together: bread, cheese, ham, turkey, bologna, cheese and bread. Set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together eggs, milk and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. Add salt and pepper to taste. When your griddle is warm and greased, drop each sandwich in the egg batter - both sides - and then put on the griddle. Flip when the side is lightly browned. Serve warm and with maple syrup. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! I have never had one of these, but looking forward to trying them!!!

    ReplyDelete