10.25.2010

Hamburger Noodle Bake

Here's another good one! I got it from my Taste of Home magazine, August/September 2010 issue, page 43. I'm making some minor adjustments to the recipe, but it's still essentially the same thing. I doubled it to suit our needs and thought it would be better with more green peppers. I also forgot to take a picture, but I'm sure I'll be making it again in the near future! If you get super curious, I could scan the photo from my magazine; I'm just feeling a little too tired at the moment ;)

Hamburger Noodle Bake

1 bag egg noodles
1# lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. cream-style cottage cheese
4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook the noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, green onion and sour cream. Drain noodles; place half of the noodles in a greased baking pan. Spoon half of beef mixture over the top. Layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodles. Top with remaining beef mixture; sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
I'm making a few other new recipes this week from that same issue, so I'll be sure to keep you posted. My husband is LOVING this!

No comments:

Post a Comment