1.25.2011

An Unattractive Greeting

I met another mom of twins this morning.

We were at a playgroup at a public entertainment center. My mom had noticed her little two-some first and then pointed out her twin grandsons. I turned just as she was pointing me out as the mom. Her boys seemed to be a little older than mine. She glared at me with a look that said, "YOU! You stole the last brownie!" Except she didn't say that. Instead, she said, "It gets worse."

Um, hello. Nice to meet you...

Really? That's what you say? "It gets worse." What kind of a greeting is that?

I mean, I know what she's saying. I know I haven't even hit the top of the iceberg as far as challenges go. But trust me, we've come a long way. I know it was difficult. I know it will continue to be challenging. But aren't you supposed to encourage other young moms in their adventures? Moms of twins or mothers in general?

So I made myself a promise. When I meet other young moms with babies - whether it's one or three - I'm going to smile and say, "Wow, that's great! What a blessing!" They all know it's challenging. They all know it will be difficult. They don't need to hear "It's gonna get worse." They need to know they've been blessed and they'll get through.

Just thought you should know.

1 comment:

  1. That's terrible!!! I've "thought" that at my most bitter moments when someone else's angel baby is just sitting and starting at me while my two are ripping groceries off the shelves...BUT, I wouldn't say it aloud...I hope!

    ReplyDelete