12.12.2010

No Rest for the Weary

While reading "Toddlerwise" by Gary Ezzo tonight, I found these truths and thought they were worth sharing.
During the one-year span between 12 and 24 months, the walking, talking, exploring toddler multiplies the demands of mother's time, energy and patience more than any other period in his life (page 22.)
and then
There is no question that a toddler's mom is a tired mom, and for good reason. The emotional and physical energy needed to supervise an energy-packed tot can take down the most physically fit mom. If your toddler happens to be a boy, add fifty percent more energy. Never so beautiful does this child look to his weary mom as he does when he closes his eyes in sleep (page 23.)
And I've got two. Boys. Toddler twin boys.

Well, no wonder I sleep so well!

1 comment:

  1. I think I read that book before I had L. Maybe i should dig it out for another read. You are super women to handle 2 boys and still have energy to do all the rest that you do! You're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete