5.24.2010

Boys Will Be Boys

On Friday, I wrote about my boys having subconscous ambitions about being gymnasts after I found them standing on top of the toy basket. On Saturday, I found Benjamin doing this.
He doesn't actually go into a somersault on his own. I help him through it. Still, the fact that these activities happened so close to one another made me smile.

This morning, I was trying to get some work done on the computer for my husband before they went down for their nap. They were trying to get my attention for a few moments, then I heard them rolling around on the floor, seemingly content. I kept working, trying to finish it as soon as I could.

I didn't even realize it had gotten so quiet. I was impressed for the first moment, thinking, Man, my boys are entertaining themselves for a pretty good amount of time. Then I wondered if they had fallen asleep on the floor. Yes, they have done this before. And then I realized. They were probably up to no good.

I turned around in my chair to find this.
Jack and Ben were contentedly playing together. With the wipes. And the box. Which I just reloaded yesterday.

Good thing they're still usable, right? Thank GOD they don't know how to open the powder bottle!

Yet.

I'm not alone, either. I posted this photo on Facebook a few minutes ago and my friend, Kelly, commented: "MINDY!! As I'm looking at this and reading the comments, MY boy was in the bathroom, putting towels in the toilet! I guess I was being too quiet and so John (who rarely gets into trouble) took advantage of it!"

So take heart, mothers of boys. We are not alone. Let's just hope our little men stear clear of... well, I'm sure you could think of a million things to complete that sentence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment