2.10.2012

And the Journey Continues

I feel a little weird giving these daily updates on the boys' potty training process. I DO realize there are other important things going on in the world. But in my world, this is my world.

The boys woke up with dry underwear for the second day in a row. We couldn't have been more pleased! And Ben pooped on the potty this afternoon - and NOT in his underwear! It's only the second time he's done that so far! He's averaging one poop every other day, which I'm wondering will be the new normal. He's only seemed uncomfortable just a few hours before he goes. I'm really hoping that continues!

We went to storytime at Barnes & Noble yesterday and then I got some stuff at Babies R Us before we headed home. I brought one of their potties with us and they used it between stops, then held everything else in until we made it home. Success!

My husband made a purchase last night that we were extremely pleased with today: a new toilet seat! This is it: http://www.bemisseats.com/nextstep/. It's a magnetic kids' potty seat that goes down when they use it and then magnetically sticks to the lid when an adult needs to use it. Genius! It was $40 at Home Depot. The boys were thrilled with this purchase when they woke up this morning. They may actually be motivated to use the "big toilet" now!


The best part? Mommy may only need to clean ONE toilet, rather than three!

We weren't sure how we would make the transition from their little potties to the Big Toilet, so I asked Andy to buy this seat my friend had told me about a few months ago. Such a great idea. Ben preferred to poop in his own potty this afternoon, but the rest of their potty trips were made on top of this new piece of plastic. It's very sturdy since it's part of the toilet seat and the hole is the perfect size for their little booties. I am so pleased!

Sleeptimes still aren't a slam dunk, but they're getting better. Andy suggested I make a new rules poster to help cover our new routine (only going potty once after we read books before they go to bed, etc.) and I think that's a great idea. Perhaps we'll do that this weekend.

I'm hesitant to say that the boys are officially potty trained. But even still, in less than two weeks, I could have never imagined this kind of progress. Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this has been a good experience for you! That's great to hear. I remember thinking it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be w/ our oldest. Its just another unknown in motherhood. And great find w/ the potty seat. That's totally the way to go - We didn't use a small one b/c I didn't want to swap changing diapers for cleaning a potty seat! hehehe

    ReplyDelete