5.13.2011

Progress

Progress. Progress. PROGRESS! We are so grateful for progress!

As it turns out, our lady house had quite a few suitors... that resulted in quite a few proposals. After four days on the market and seven showings, we got four offers. Unbelievable. I don't know, perhaps I'm a little old-fashioned. I assumed there'd be a longer courting process, but I guess that's how this new game is played! And we couldn't be more thrilled.

Our house is now in-contract! The "sold" sign is proudly displayed on our front lawn and we're moving forward! We close in July and are able to stay for three additional months, giving us some time to find a new home. Which is good... because... well, we can't find anything just yet.

I'd appreciate your prayers as my husband and I continue to talk about things like square footage, number of bedrooms, neighborhoods, money and yards. So much discussion. So much looking. So many open houses. So much pressure.

For those of you that have house-hunted in the past, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Especially if you have kids. When you're looking for a house, it feels like you've got to have the next ten years of your life all planned out. Perhaps the next twenty. You feel like you need to know how many more kids you'd have (and their sexes, of course, as it relates to the number of bedrooms,) where they should go to school, if your husband's job will change focus and when and to what, what kind of community would best suit you and how much you can afford and will be able to afford in the future. That's a lot to know. Especially when the only thing I feel good about these days is what I'm making for dinner each week and even THAT changes depending on what kind of day I have!
This could be a long process for a recovering control freak. Hmm, perhaps I'm not recovering at all! I'd rather save ourselves the heartache and just learn all of the details now so we can continue to go about our day-to-day activities in a much more relaxed and confident manner. I just want to know everything. Doesn't seem like too much to ask! :)

In the meantime, we will continue to look at pictures of houses, drive-by neighborhoods and schedule appointments to see houses we think we may like. All while trying to enjoy some beautiful weather with my boys, prepare healthy meals for my husband and keep my sanity. I'm going to need your prayer on this one! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on selling your place!! How exciting.

    We've bought two houses now and this is what I can say...

    just like in dating...in both cases I just "knew" it was the right one...after having looked at several dozen places of course!

    You'll get a good feeling when you drive into the neighborhood, you'll get good vibes about the house...you'll just know...I did anyway...

    Also, don't worry too much about the next 10 years! You can only figure out so much at this point... there were other neighborhoods we liked better, but things were pricey...houses were pricey...or we didn't want to do as much work as they would have required (especially with little children!!!).

    Funny how it all works out...God always has the last word...we've been here for almost two years now and while I would have never guessed I'd be back in Lancaster (where I grew up) God totally put us in this neighborhood for HIS purposes.

    Good luck. Keep praying. You'll find the right place!

    ReplyDelete